Hello lovelies and happy International Women’s Day! I’m celebrating the day the same way I always do, with wonderful books written by women. I’m currently reading three books for the Women’s History Month Reading Challenge and they’re all books that celebrate women’s power and unique magic. So I thought I’d share some quotes from books which do the same, here’s too powerful women and all our wild moon magic!
1. “Never put your faith in a prince. When you require a miracle, trust in a witch”
– Catherynne M. Valente, In the Night Garden.
2. “Where there is a woman there is magic. If there is a moon falling from her mouth, she is a woman who knows her magic, who can share or not share her powers..”
– Ntozake Shange, Sassafrass, Cypress and Indigo
3. “I was a girl who would never exist in a fairy tale, not just because of the brown of my body but because of my heart, neither pure enough to be good nor cruel enough to be evil. I was a girl lost in the deep, narrow space between the two forms girls were allowed to take.”
4. “I would rather have Sign of the Unicorn than all the boys in the valleys.”
5. “All my life I have been told ‘go’ and ‘come.’ I am told how I will live, and I am told how I must die. I must be a man’s servant and a mare for his pleasure, or I must hide myself behind walls and surrender my flesh to a cold, silent god. I would walk into the jaws of hell itself, if it were a path of my own choosing. I would rather die tomorrow in the forest than live a hundred years of the life appointed me.”